Join Madison Scuba at Anthony’s Key
October 20th to 27th 2018
Divers or snorkelers – all are welcome. We will be traveling to beautiful Roatan for a week of fantastic diving or snorkeling, staying at Anthony’s Key Resort. Reached by a brief boat ride (1-2 minutes) from the resort’s main grounds, the tiny islet that is its namesake features private bungalows and spectacular ocean vistas. The average temperature in Roatan in October is around 85 degrees with a tropical climate. Water temperature is mid-80’s with visibility ranging from 70-80’.
Anthony’s Key Resort is an all-inclusive resort. It includes:
- Hotel accommodations
- Full American meal plan (3 meals daily)
- Airport transfers (no rental car necessary)
- Return flight reconfirmation
- Welcome island cocktail & orientation
- Admission to Roatan museum
- Reef ecology lecture
- Fish ID slide show
- Kayaking and Stand-up Paddle Boarding
- Day excursion to Maya Key
- Island Fiesta Night on the Key
- MadisonScuba escort
- 3 single tank boat dives per day (6 days)
- 2 single tank boat night dives per week
- Air tanks, weight belts & weights
- Buoyancy control workshop
- Shore diving during shop hours
- 2 snorkeling trips per day
- In-water guides on every trip
- Underwater Fish ID card to help with fish identification
- Dedicated 51’ flat-top snorkel boat
- Dolphin show presentation
- Alcoholic drinks/sodas
- Equipment rental
- Additional land/water excursions
- Additional boat dives
- Airline baggage fees
- Trip insurance
- Any other additional taxes or surcharges imposed
Air transportation is each person’s responsibility
JoAnn will let everyone know as soon as she books her tickets; feel free to make the same itinerary.
We have 7 Key Superior Rooms reserved. These rooms are located across the water on the private Key. Room features: Air conditioning, ceiling fan, in-room safe, Wi-Fi, complimentary toiletries, hair dryer, mini-refrigerator, shared deck. Plus – hammocks to relax in.
The promotional cost of 2 for 1, is
- $1,495 per person/double occupancy, diver
- $1,295 per person/double occupancy, snorkeler*
Single occupancy pays the following rate
- $2,795 per person/single occupancy, diver
- $2,595 per person/single occupancy, snorkeler
*If a snorkeler shares a room with a diver, they pay diver rate
The 2 for 1 promotion includes additional resort activities & amenities
- Horseback riding
- Canopy tours
- Dolphin encounters
- Dolphin swims
- Dolphin dives
- Shark dives
- Extended 2 for 1 happy hours at Frangipani Bar
- 2 for 1 prices on products and services at Seaside Gifts & Photos
- 2 for 1 spa services
Trip cancellation insurance is strongly recommended. This insurance will cover your costs if the trip has to be cancelled because of a storm or even in the event of losing days of diving or snorkeling due to high winds/waves and the port is closed. Contact JoAnn for trip insurance options. It is also strongly recommended that all divers have diver medical insurance.
Rental dive gear is available from Madison Scuba at our special weekly rate or the Anthony’s Key Resort dive shop. By renting from us, you will know exactly what you will be getting, that it is well maintained, and that it fits. Plus, no weight belts. High quality snorkeling gear is available for purchase at our shop.
MadisonScuba takes small groups on our trips to make the trip more personable and to give people the opportunity to get to know each other. We will have a pre-trip get-together to meet each other and answer any of your questions.
Your MadisonScuba escort will be JoAnn, who is a dive instructor. Let her know if you want to earn any diving specialties like Boat Diving, Deep, and/or Night and Limited Viz Specialties. We can complete the classroom portion(s) before we leave and sign off on your two dives (three for Deep more than 60’) in Roatan.
Boat trips to get to the reef are typically from 5-30 minutes and we will spend our surface intervals back at the Resort. How awesome is that?
Are you excited now? I know we are! Here’s what you need to do. Drop off your deposit of $500 per person at the shop to reserve your place. If you pay by credit card, please add 3%. Any cancellations are subject to loss of deposit and other fees. Full payment is due July 31st.
Please let us know if you need/would like a roommate. We will do our best to arrange that.
If you have any questions, please e-mail info@MadisonScuba.com, or call the shop at 608-219-5075.