Advanced Open Water Diver Rating
When you first became interested in diving, your primary focus was most likely on getting your Open Water Diver certification. You soon realized, however, that trying to be a “real” scuba diver with nothing more than a beginning diver certification is like trying to compete in the job market with an elementary school education. It is just plain not enough. That’s why your continuing education through Specialty Courses earns you higher ratings including Advanced Open Water Diver and Master Diver.
- Students gain additional experience under the guidance of a knowledgeable instructor.
- They receive training for a variety of specialty diving activities.
- Their recommended depth rating goes from 60 to 100 feet.
- Students meet important prerequisites for Diver Stress and Rescue along with Professional level training. If your ultimate goal is to earn the prestigious Master Scuba Diver rating, this course is your starting point.
- Further, completion qualifies divers to take part in a number of diving activities in which participation is limited to “Advanced Divers Only.”
This course is open to divers:
- At least 12 years old (must be 15 for Deep).
- Certified Open Water Diver (Junior Open Water cannot participate in Deep).
- Able to either answer “No” to all questions on the standard Medical History form or secure a physician’s approval prior to the start of class.
This rating consists 24 logged dives plus of any 4 Specialties including but not limited to:
- Deep Diving
- Night and Limited Visibility
- Perfect Bouyancy
- Search and Recovery
- Saturday, 9am, Deep Dive #1
- Saturday, 1pm, Deep Dive #2 or Navigation Dive #1
- Saturday, 8pm, Night Dive #1
- Sunday, 10am, Deep Dive #3 or Navigation Dive #2 or Search and Recovery #1
- Sunday, 12pm, Navigation #2 or Search and Recovery #2
Where and When is this course offered:
We conduct several of these Specialty Courses (especially Deep Diving) at Lake Wazee several times each summer. 2015 dates are June 27/28 and September 26/27.
Open water training dives take place Saturday and Sunday of the weekend.
The typical schedule is:
Alternatively, students can complete all the necessary dives, except the Deep dive, during our Tuesday night adventure dives.
How much does it cost?
The Advanced Open Water Diver Card is a free card issued to you as a reward for achieving completion of 4 Specialty courses and at least 24 logged dives.
How To Get Started Now
Call us (608) 219-5075
Swing by the store
Send us an email with your interest – Send Mail