Advanced Open Water Diver
When you first became interested in diving, your primary focus was most likely on getting your Open Water Diver certification. You soon realized, however, that trying to be a “real” scuba diver with nothing more than a beginning diver certification is like trying to compete in the job market with an elementary school education. It is just plain not enough. That’s why there is an Advanced Open Water Scuba Diver course. It introduces students to critical knowledge and skills that beginning courses don’t have time to cover.
- Students gain additional experience under the guidance of a knowledgeable instructor.
- They receive an introduction to a variety of specialty diving activities.
- Their recommended depth rating goes from 60 to 100 feet.
- Students meet an important prerequisite for Rescue Diver and Divemaster, as well as for a number of Specialty Diver courses, such as Navigation and Deep. If your ultimate goal is to earn the prestigious Master Scuba Diver rating, this course is your starting point.
- Further, course graduates qualify to take part in a number of diving activities in which participation is limited to “Advanced Divers Only.”
This course is open to divers:
- At least 10 years old.
- Certified Open Water Diver.
- Able to either answer “No” to all questions on the standard Medical History form or secure a physician’s approval prior to the start of class.
This course consists of:
- Deep dive
- Night dive
- Underwater Navigation dive
- Underwater Naturalist dive
- Search and Recovery dive
- Special dive, 3 min safety stop and dive marker training
Where and When is this course offered:
We conduct this class at Lake Wazee several times each summer
Open-water training dives take place Saturday and Sunday,
The typical schedule is:
- Saturday, 9am, Deep dive
- Saturday, 1pm, Underwater Navigation dive
- Saturday, 8pm, Night dive
- Sunday, 10am, Search and Recovery dive
- Sunday, 12pm, Underwater Naturalist dive
Alternatively, students can complete all the necessary dives, except the Deep dive, during our Tuesday night adventure dives.
How much does it cost?
The course fee is $249.00 and includes all equipment you need to complete the course.
How To Get Started Now
call us (608) 219-5075
Swing by the store
Sign-up online here.