Date(s) - 1 Jun 2019
10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Monona Terrace - West Side
Saturday, June 1, 2019 – Law Park
There will be a trophy awarded after lunch for the Best Salvaged Treasure, as voted upon by all participants.
Here are the specifics:
- Free gear rental for this special event as our way of saying thank you to our scuba friends for helping keep our lakes clean.
- Gear is on a first come, first served basis. We have limited amounts of rental 7 mm wetsuits, boots, hoods, gloves, etc. Maybe this is the time to buy your own hood or gloves that actually fit you. Come on – you dive in Wisconsin after all! (See Note below)
- Everyone needs to pick up and drop off their own gear/tank(s) at the shop. Gear will be available for pick-up starting Thursday evening May 30, from 5-8 pm, or Friday, from 10 am to 4 pm. There will be no gear available on-site at Law Park.
- We will be located on the east side of Law Park (left side of the Monona Terrace when looking out over the lake). There is limited parking on the nearby surface lot.
- Bring a tarp or sheet of some kind to lay on the ground for gear set-up. Also, feel free to bring a camp chair.
Maybe you want to pair up this clean-up dive with the Marine Ecology Specialty. With this specialty, you will obtain a greater understanding of the complex and exciting science of marine ecology, which is the study of how organisms interact with each other and the environment, the flow of energy through communities, and the link between ocean ecosystems. You can help those organism by helping clean up our local lakes.
For more information, please either call the shop or email JoAnn. Click here to sign up and for more detailed information. We look forward to seeing you there!
Note regarding Gear Rental: When you sign up on-line that you will be attending, indicate in the comment section if you will need any gear. We will pull your previous rental gear record and set that gear aside for you. That will be done on a first come, first filled basis. If you need gear, but haven’t rented from us in the past, you will need to get sized when you come in to get your gear. That will take additional time. But remember, some of the gear you need may already be reserved, so sign up or come in as soon as you can.