Date(s) - 18 Apr 2018
6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
MadisonScuba Dive Shop
Marine Ecology Specialty Class
The Marine Ecology specialty will introduce you to the methods with which various marine ecosystems interact with each other, as well as the ways that humans have had an impact on these ecosystems. With a greater understanding of the diversity of our oceans, divers will have a renewed appreciation of the world around them on each dive, and will learn strategies for aiding in the halt and reversal of damage done to our oceans by pollution.
THROUGH THIS COURSE, YOU WILL UNDERSTAND THAT:
- The ocean is made up of many different ecosystems that have a wide range of defining characteristics.
- Life in our ocean has evolved into an incredible diversity of organisms that inhabit different ecosystems.
- Physical components of our oceans, like the characteristics of water, temperature, salinity, and movement, interconnect with living systems.
- There are many natural and human impacts on our ocean.
- Humans can influence the health, management, and recovery of our ocean.
- Minimum Age: 10
- Online Learning: Required
- Academic Workshops: One
- Pool Sessions: None
- Open Water Dives: None
- Price: $125
Bookings are closed for this event.