Who’s Ready to go Diving?
Many of us are ready to get outside, so, we have scheduled a fun diving weekend up at Wazee Lake Recreation Area near Black River Falls for Saturday and Sunday, June 13 & 14. We have campsites 2 & 4 reserved for June 12-15 in case anyone wants to bring up their tent or camper. Come up for one or two days to explore the dive sites Wazee Lake has to offer.
Madison Scuba staff will be there to help with logistics and dive briefings for anyone who hasn’t been there before or to help buddy up divers.
Wazee Lake is a spring-fed non-working quarry, so 7 mm suits, hoods & gloves are required, unless you have a dry suit. Since this is a Madison Scuba sponsored event, gear rental will be $35 for the weekend, which includes one tank. Each additional tank will be $15.
If you need a specific dive to complete a specialty, please call the shop and leave a message. We will match you up with your instructor to make arrangements with you individually.
Wisconsin’s Only Scuba Diving Shop Offering Classes in SSI and PADI
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
At Madison Scuba we are committed to providing safe and fun excitement for you and your family. You are embarking on a journey to explore the 70% of the world only seen by 1% of the population. You may be getting into diving with your partner. Maybe this is a new activity to try with your children. Maybe you’re coming in because you have a dream of being a better pet parent to your goldfish. We know family can be whomever you choose. Madison Scuba Staff is a family. One who chooses to teach here because we’re passionate about sharing the underwater environment. We’d love to make your family part of our family. We have the largest team of Dive Professionals in Madison, so we keep our classes small and personalized. We once started this journey right where you are sitting, and are proud to now share it with you.
Sign up for Snorkeling Lessons
SSI is recognized worldwide for its excellence in diving education. Most of our courses utilize SSI’s signature “Comfort Through Repetition” water training method. Madison Scuba knows that most of our students don’t have gills. We give you the time and opportunity to practice each skill until it feels comfortable underwater. You will never be rushed. Visit DiveSSI.com
PADI is an internationally respected diving agency. As the only shop in the state to offer SSI and PADI training, we provide the versatility other shops don’t. Some specialty courses are offered by only one dive agency. We have the ability to offer every course from both agencies, comprehensively. Visit PADI.com
- We provide you with comfort in the pool and open water while training. Wetsuits are provided for the pool and training dives to keep you warm.
- No fin purchases are required. We let you try multiple types of fins in every class in order to decide what you like. This helps to inform any future gear purchases you choose to make.
- We provide high-quality, weight-integrated BCDs in every class for every student. No ugly weight belts!
- Some agencies put every student in the same generic mask to boast they don’t require gear purchases. Some even use the same generic mask in multiple colors to claim they let you try several masks. Either way, they tack $80 onto your class fee, and you go home empty-handed. With Madison Scuba you will know exactly what you’re wearing in the water, and it’s yours for years of enjoyment.
- Every Open Water student is custom fit for a mask matching your face’s exact structure. We carry over 40 styles to match any face size and shape. Students can avoid the leaks that come with using a rental mask. When using a rental mask that leaks, panic is possible. You also have lower visibility. If you can’t see anything underwater, why go diving or snorkeling? We have masks ranging from $20 to $100 to work with any student’s budget.
- At Madison Scuba we have an on-site technician to service your equipment in-house. This eliminates long waits associated with send-in services. Maybe you need an annual inspection. Maybe your octo is making a noise and you don’t want to admit that your son put his Lego scuba diver inside when you weren’t looking. Either way, we can get your gear back in working shape in no time.
- We are a dual agency shop: SSI and PADI. We can compare and contrast the materials from SSI and PADI objectively. We provide instruction with the system that best meets the needs of the student, instead of the system with their name on the window.
Jun 08, 2020
18:00 pm-20:00 pm
Underwater Photography and Video - Workshop
Sun Prairie High School Pool, Sun Prairie WI
Jun 09, 2020
18:00 pm-21:00 pm
Tuesday Night Adventure Dive - Devils Lake North
Devil’s Lake, North Shore, Baraboo, WI, Baraboo, Wisconsin,
Jun 12, 2020 - Jun 14, 2020
00:00 am-23:59 pm
Wazee Fun Weekend
Lake Wazee, Wazee County Park, Black River Falls, Wisconsin,
Jun 15, 2020
18:00 pm-20:00 pm
Enriched Air/Nitrox Class
MadisonScuba Dive Shop, Sun Prairie WI
Jun 16, 2020
18:00 pm-21:00 pm
Tuesday Night Adventure Dive - 2nd Point
Second Point, Madison, Wisconsin,
Join Madison Scuba in Fiji
November 7th to 19th, 2020
On this trip you will split your time between two gorgeous resorts on opposite sides of the main island of Viti Levu. Home base for the first half of your Fijian adventure will be Waidroka Bay Resort, conveniently located just two hours from Nadi airport. In Fijian, Waidroka means fresh spring water referring to the creek which runs through the rain-forest and Waidroka Bay straight into the Pacific Ocean. Located on Fiji’s famous Coral Coast, it offers natures very best, both above and below the water.
The second half of your adventure will be spent at the most northerly tip of Viti Levu, in a headland where, nestled amongst lush rainforest, thundering waterfalls, history-filled caves, sugarcane fields, abundant agriculture, thriving mangroves, and some of the earth’s healthiest coral reefs, you’ll find Volivoli Beach Resort—the premium, boutique, four-star, vacation destination on Fiji’s untouched Suncoast.